Thursday, December 11, 2008

i’lltakeadouble u

Hooray!!!!! Bears win! That now puts them at a 7-6 standing, and maintains them as a contender in the NFC North; following only behind the 8-5 Vikings! And damn it, I’m excited! I mean, I don’t know what my boys in blue and orange have planned for the remainder of the season, but they’d better tighten up, otherwise it doesn’t look pretty. Today’s win came in OT against the Saints, and although nail biting, I would’ve preferred if we didn’t jag our 21-7 lead to begin with. But I digress. Today is about taking a double u, a win – and I’m all about that.

After such a relaxing yesterday, my primary thinking for Christmas Eve (i.e. the day before somebody gives me a check!) is forward focus (smothered in some positive energy). And as it should, out of that thinking came a positive day; free of worry and psychological stress. I focused on action and began making plans. In doing so, I connected with other artists and entrepreneurs, further encouraging myself to not allow the nagging of my psyche to weigh me down.

I gabbed with a new acquaintance, and man was he inspirational! I’d taken pictures for him, and we needed to reconnect to discuss the particulars. This conversation developed into his journey of ‘here’. I learned of his path, through tough car accidents and homelessness, to comfy lump sum settlements and paying your rent in full - in cash - for a year! His journey inspired me, to stay focused on my own. His spirit is relentlessly driven and makes you believe he will persevere. It was refreshing, especially while living in the grind. ‘Cause as an artist, an entrepreneur, you’re always grinding, figuring isht out, tryin’ to make moves, tryin’ to make money, tryin’ to try something else to make summin’ happen! …. And it’s that uncertainty that’s enough to discourage anyone. But with him, in this conversation, I continued to find myself strengthened and inspired; nice right?! I really don’t have much more to talk about tonight, considering. But I will leave you with this, his thoughts….

Before we got off the phone, we exchanged pleasantries and words of encouragement. What he left me with was this, “always put yourself in a position to win”. I heard that and thought, ‘Yeah, I’m with that!’ In reality, it’s perfect, cause hell, I’m always up for a W! Peace y’all! :12/11

(Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)

3 comments:

SweetArt said...

hey, girl. glad to see you posting. glad to see you up. much love--as always--from the very best. and, um, check out my blog at www.sweetartstl-news.blogspot.com

love & light,

reine

Sane said...

Hey girl, hit me up on e-mail, I have a network invite for you. I GOTTA have you down! :)

A. Red said...

"‘Cause as an artist, an entrepreneur, you’re always grinding, figuring isht out, tryin’ to make moves, tryin’ to make money, tryin’ to try something else to make summin’ happen! …. And it’s that uncertainty that’s enough to discourage anyone."

Truer words have never been spoken!!It's hard and sometimes discouraging work to be a artist. I have to push myself daily to persevere. I need to talk to him for inspiration too! LOL